Monday, January 16, 2012

Random rambling :)

Put it up on my tumblr as a part of one 30 day challenge. :)


I’m not in any relationship, nor have I ever been. And you know what? I have absolutely no regrets about it. I don’t sit and brood over the fact that most people in my college have boyfriends and I don’t. Honestly, I don’t care. I don’t really think that my life is incomplete or anything without a boyfriend. I feel perfectly content with myself. And to be completely honest, I don’t think any of these ‘couples’ will eventually end up getting married, so yeah.
I am really enjoying my single life. I get to do whatever I want and I don’t have anyone fussing over me (besides my parents that is). I’m not answerable to anyone besides myself (and parents, but that is not the point here). I have the freedom and the time to do stuff I love. To do stuff I will do even ten years from now: like reading books, writing, listening to music, spending time with my friends, eating. These things have been a part of me since I was a little kid and I’m pretty darned sure that they will be a part of me even ten years from now.
I believe that I’m better off investing my time doing things that are a permanent fixture in my life, rather than wasting time on relationships that most probably wont last. I know I sound so darned cynical, but that’s what I believe. I think 18 is too young to decide who the love of your life is going to be. I think 18 is the time to do loads and loads of stuff you love. :)
I don’t see myself getting into a relationship in the near (or late) future, truth be told. I just don’t see myself as that kind of a woman. I have always been comfortable with the idea of spending my life alone. And with friends and family, you are not really alone, are you? And better than all of that is the company of books, my true love, so why will I be ALONE? No, I wont. 
I believe that if a person is comfortable in his or her own company, she will be perfectly fine, happy even. Not everyone is going to find a special someone in another person. They should realize that their special someone is they themselves. They should know that they are the number one person in their own life. Then, just then they’ll be able to live a life of complete bliss and solitude. 
I don’t think that the key to happiness is loving someone so much that your heart bursts. To me, the key to happiness is loving yourself to the extent that your heart swells. And this love will neither result in arrogance or conceit. It will just give a person complete, blissful happiness. :)

2 comments: